About Me

Welcome to my blog. Back in July 2010 I purchased a VW T5 '06 van with the vision of converting it into a camper van. To share my experiences, on the well trodden path of converting these wonderful vehicles, I have created this blog which I'll try to update regularly. Enjoy.

Friday 5 November 2010

July 2010 - Picking up the donor vehicle

Today I picked up my new (or should I say a used '06 model) van. It took months to find what I really wanted; electric windows, abs, low mileage etc., although I had to compromise on white colour as my ideal of a black van were just very few and very far between on the used market.


Whilst I compromised on colour, I came up trumps with the condition. Not previously seen hanging around a building site or being used as a builders' mobile skip. In fact, as a caterers work van in a previous life the panels and overall condition inside and out was very good indeed. Certainly compared to some that I had seen during my search!

No comments:

Post a Comment