About Me

Welcome to my blog. Back in July 2010 I purchased a VW T5 '06 van with the vision of converting it into a camper van. To share my experiences, on the well trodden path of converting these wonderful vehicles, I have created this blog which I'll try to update regularly. Enjoy.

Monday 8 November 2010

October 2010 - Cable run to main battery

Having decided to keep the switch mode charging cable from the main battery (under bonnet) to what will be the furthest corner (wardrobe) of the van, it was up to gaffer tape to keep wires in place. It should be noted that the longer the cable the more voltage drop is incurred. As such, this is why I chose not to get bogged down on aesthetics and run the cable round the framework tidily like the other wires you can see. The bonus will be the maximum charging current that I can get...


The cable hanging down is still to be cable clipped up by the way... it's all in the presentation after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment